Food for thought....
Since most of my readers are adult women, I'd like you to do something. Imagine these actions being performed upon you by someone 3 times your size. Imagine if this could be done solely upon the whims of that person. Imagine that person giving your boss and your friends the right to do the same to you.
Now imagine living in a world where you are told "that is not abuse! cry and I'll give you something to really cry about!" Imagine living in a world where the authorities said that you belong to the other person, and they won't get involved unless there is visible blood. Imagine going to your pastor for help, and being told "God says in His Word that this must be done to you."
And then, look around you. This is the world our children live in. This is their reality.
v. hit, hit·ting, hits
- To come into contact with forcefully; strike: The car hit the guardrail.
- To reach with or as if with a blow: The bullet hit the police officer in the shoulder.
- To cause to come into contact: She hit her hand against the wall.
- To deal a blow to.
- A sharp blow made with the open hand or with a flat object; a smack.
- The sound of such a blow.
v. smacked, smack·ing, smacks
- The loud sharp sound of smacking.
- A sharp blow or slap.
tr.v. swat·ted, swat·ting, swats
- To deal a sharp blow to; slap.
- A sharp blow; a slap.
- A slender flexible rod, stick, or twig, especially one used for whipping.
- A flailing or lashing, as with a slender rod.
v. switched, switch·ing, switch·es
- Chiefly Southern U.S. To whip with or as if with a switch, especially in punishing a child.
v. spanked, spank·ing, spanks
- To slap on the buttocks with a flat object or with the open hand, as for punishment.
- A slap on the buttocks.
v. beat, beat·en, (btn) or beat beat·ing, beats
- To strike repeatedly.
- To subject to repeated beatings or physical abuse; batter.
- To punish by hitting or whipping; flog.