Unto the Least of These

A place for all of my random musings. Added accountability for my choice to be gentle. An online reminder that how I treat those around me - especially the children - is how I treat the King of Kings.

Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Calling all Representatives...

From Project NoSpank

A bill has been sponsored by US Representative Ed Markey to ban the advertising and sale of devices to whip and beat children in the US. This bill needs co-sponsors to get it moving and voted on.

So, please write to your US Representative!! Enter your state & ZIP code at this Web page. Then click "Contact My Representative." You will be taken to your Representative's homepage where you can contact them. Here is a sample letter you can use:

Dear Representative ________,

I am your constituent, and I am deeply concerned that it is legal to sell devices in the US specifically for whipping and beating babies and children. Rep. Ed Markey is sponsoring a bill to ban the marketing of these devices. Please co-sponsor this important bill to end the advertising and sale of these devices.

A law is needed to end this ugly and dangerous business for good. Please lend your support to this worthy endeavor. Rep. Markey's aide, Jeff Duncan, is working actively on the bill, and can be reached at (202) 225-2836, or Jeff.Duncan@mail.house.gov

I look forward to hearing from you.

(your name)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home