Unto the Least of These

A place for all of my random musings. Added accountability for my choice to be gentle. An online reminder that how I treat those around me - especially the children - is how I treat the King of Kings.

Name:
Location: United States

Friday, July 21, 2006

A Blog Challenge for you!

I've been thinking more and more lately on the verse my blog is titled after.
And the King will tell them,
I assure you, when you did it to
one of the least of these my brothers and sisters,
you were doing it to me!
Matthew 25:40
And I'm curious...


How does this look in your home? How do you actively seek ways to serve the least of these? I know many days, I'm impatient with my toddler - as much as I strive to live out the fruit of the Spirit toward him, sometimes the daily grind gets to me. Or I'm feeling bad, or he's feeling bad, or I'm stressed - you name it, it's probably happened at some point.


I have to stop and meditate and remind myself that serving him is service to God. Not that I for one moment abdicate my role of parental authority, but serving him - truly serving him, as Christ served us, is something that I am called to do.


Here's the challenge - some time in the next week, think about this. Do this. Blog about this, or comment on this blog.


Let's do unto the least of these as we would do to Jesus.

3 Comments:

Blogger BL said...

I've started the post. :-)

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Tammy said...

I was thinking about this, too. I have this feeling in my heart, this sadness for some of the children that I see hanging around the playground who look like they are missing something. Love. Attention. Care. I want to invite them over to my home to play with my boys and give them that care, cuddle them, respect their needs, etc. But I worry that I would somehow fail to meet the needs of my own. I would hate to be a mother who gave to everyone else but failed to give that gentleness to my own.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Kristin said...

i've got my thoughts up.

12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home